Skip to content

Cloud Applications


Creating help site content with limited to no resources available about the product was the task assigned to us. We took on this task for a US company whose clients include owners of buildings, facilities, institutions of all kinds, factories, corporations, etc. Their software is purpose-built for maintaining physical and virtual assets. Our job was to create informational, educational, and technical materials for all involved. The target audience for this project ranges from CEOs to technicians. We needed to create help site content that was understandable by all and would cover commonly asked questions.


Our client tasked us with researching and exploring the software and creating help site content as we go. They wanted the content to highlight the features they were offering and the value proposition of their product. To accomplish this, we created an elaborate outline. This outline contained a breakdown of each section, its workflows, subsections, and the first draft of a user guide at the end. We wanted to showcase our ability to come up with topics that highlight the product’s features and also establish the tone and format of the documentation. Our purpose was to write about each section of the platform, its functions, and how it will impact our client’s target audience.


Technical documentation from scratch is a meticulous process. With little to no resources available, we took the route of getting our hands dirty. For each documented section of the platform, we clicked on every button, link, and tab on the screen, tested out each feature, came up with step-by-step guides, took screenshots, and noted down limitations and restrictions. Creating and writing is not enough in technical writing. After finishing with the product exploration and its thorough understanding, our skilled professionals transferred all the documentation into MadCapFlare. This also involved making use of the MadCap Capture for adjusting and editing images. Our team handled all that with little to no intervention from the SMEs.


From the beginning of this project, we were aware of the limited product training materials. This enabled us to test out what was in front of us. We started with one section at a time. We took the approach of explaining everything that the UI presented. It allowed us to come up with main topics and subtopics. We included workflows where required and extracted step-by-step instructions for a better understanding.

As time progressed, so did we. We were able to create pages for each section and subsection. We implemented the strategy to take one section at a time. It allowed us to target a specific feature and cover all topics related to it. Our breakthrough was when we started adding internal links and the documentation process came full circle. With feedback from the client, we incorporated missing pieces into the content and brushed it up further. When we delivered the final draft for review, it was very well-received by the product team and all the SMEs involved.